Research Gateway Society is registered under The Societies Registration Act, 1860 of Pakistan.
Society's main objectives are as follows:
- Promoting research in social sciences
- Organizing awareness campaigns and events in public and private educational institutions to encourage research activities and long term careers in this field
- Creating comprehensive libraries to facilitate researchers in accessing a broad range of resource in the field of social sciences
- Publishing research journals according to standards of local and international higher educational commissions.
- Publishing books on important matters related to social sciences and religion
One of the testimonies of society's dedication to promotion of research and studies in Islamic and social sciences is its research journal titled "The Scholar" which is published bi-annually and contains Articles in English, Urdu, Sindi and Arabic languages.